Technical Lead Full Time
Blonde provides ingenious digital solutions to complex commercial problems. We use code, content, conversation and creativity to great effect. We work with great clients like Royal Mail, IRN-BRU, Skyscanner, Open University, ScotRail, Cutty Sark Whisky, Nando's and Maxxium.
We are looking for developers to join our team in Edinburgh. Our main technology is PHP (Drupal and Symfony) but we also work with NodeJS, MongoDB and other technologies and frameworks.
As part of the technical team, your role will be to provide technical leadership in projects and facilitate effective team interaction. Leading by example you will act as the liaison between other disciplines and technology team, review output, measure quality and identify solutions.
You will need to build good relationships with team members, ensuring a high level of team morale and assist team members in their day-to-day work.
- Leading the definition phase and implementation efforts, mentoring of developers and managing multiple work streams.
- Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Technical Team to develop detailed specification, scope and high-level technical design documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Manage and mitigate high-risk elements of projects, effectively communicate issues, risks and dependencies with project stakeholders, escalating where appropriate.
- Determine appropriate technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations.
- Present business benefits of technical solutions and communicate technical concepts to non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Software implementation and delivery through coding, unit testing, systems integration, defect resolution, and technical documentation.
- Collaborate with other team members to revise and troubleshoot development work as required.
- Identify emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into our operations and activities.
- Actively set and promote best practices of software development.
- Mentor team members through code reviews, presentations and talks.
- Strong technical foundation gained in a Senior Development Role.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills.
- Experience in working in different delivery methodologies with an understanding of their benefits/constraints (Agile and Waterfall based approaches)
- Proven experience of the full technology stack and developing solutions in various technologies, frameworks and platforms.
- Understanding of different programming paradigms (Object Oriented, Functional, Procedural).
- Experience with projects utilizing different technologies including:
- Web content management systems
- SOA implementations
- Search technologies
- RESTful webservices
- E-Commerce solutions
- CRM integration
How to apply
If you are inspired by technology and have a passion for creating innovative solutions, send your CV and examples of your work to email@example.com. No agencies, please.
Blonde86 Commercial Quay
0131 242 0005
Contact: HR - firstname.lastname@example.org
Something not quite right? Spotted an error? Send us a tweet and we'll fix it straight away.