Senior Web Developer Full Time
Blonde provides ingenious digital solutions to complex commercial problems. We use code, content, conversation and creativity to great effect. We work with great clients like Royal Mail, IRN-BRU, Skyscanner, Open University, ScotRail, Cutty Sark Whisky, Nando's and Maxxium.
We are looking for developers to join our team in Edinburgh. Our main technology is PHP (Drupal and Symfony) but we also work with NodeJS, MongoDB and other technologies and frameworks.
The Senior Web Developer will be responsible for the technical design and development of customer focused websites and applications, mentoring developers and working closely with creatives and UX consultants to deliver high-quality solutions. Enthusiasm, attention to detail, creative thinking and drive to bring constant improvement are essential skills for this role. You should have a strong technical foundation and over 4 years of commercial experience in developing and deploying medium to large scale websites and/or web applications on the LAMP stack.
- 4+ years experience in conceptualising, documenting, and developing large, customer-facing websites
- Expert, hands-on knowledge of the PHP programming language, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and MySQL
- CMS (preferably Drupal 7) and/or e-Commerce development
- Experience integrating XML or JSON-based web services
- Experience with distributed version control systems (Mercurial, GIT)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Apache and Linux
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
- PHP frameworks such as Symfony, Zend, or CodeIgniter
- Experience with major 3rd party APIs (Facebook Open Graph, Twitter, Instagram, Google Maps, YouTube, etc...)
- Development for high-traffic environments
- Front-end technologies including Boilerplate, Modernizr, SASS and Angular.js
- Experience with responsive web design.
- Test driven development and agile methodologies.
How to apply
If you are inspired by technology and have a passion for creating innovative solutions, send your CV and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies, please.
Blonde86 Commercial Quay
0131 242 0005
Contact: HR - email@example.com
Something not quite right? Spotted an error? Send us a tweet and we'll fix it straight away.