Software Engineer - Dynamic Advertising Full Time
We are looking for outstanding developers to join us as full-time Software Development Engineers. Successful candidates will have strong technical ability, a focus on the customer experience, great teamwork and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon's Dynamic Advertising program serves millions of personalized ads every day. We buy ad impressions in real time auctions and algorithmically deliver the most relevant ad. We delight in data, and are constantly trying to enrich our models. We relentlessly optimize to keep delivering the best possible ads for our customers.
Your team will own the business, technology and operations, giving you the responsibility and authority to ensure success. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet remarkably high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at massive scale, 24x7.
The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class websites and systems.
Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
- Proficient in at least one of Java, C++, C#, Objective-C
- Algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization
- Object-oriented development and design patterns
- OS fundamentals and systems architecture
- Automated testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration
- Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills
- Highly pragmatic; we use technology to solve real-world problems expediently
- Experience providing technical leadership
- Experience of mentoring other engineers
- Linux/UNIX including command-line tools and scripting
- Databases including SQL, noSQL, schema design and optimization
- Big data, machine learning and other statistical analysis
- Cloud computing, large-scale and high-availability distributed architecture
- Agile methods
- Results oriented with a strong customer and business focus
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed, but also a cooperative team player
- Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems
- Able to thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Strong sense of ownership and passion for writing world-class software
In return, we offer a highly competitive salary, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career in a unique, passionate and international environment, work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
How to apply
The online application can be found on the company website - Apply online.
Amazon2-4 Waterloo Place
Contact: HR - firstname.lastname@example.org
Something not quite right? Spotted an error? Send us a tweet and we'll fix it straight away.