Digital Designer Full Time
The List has established itself as the leading entertainment guide to What's On in the UK and we are now seeking to add a Digital Designer to the team. You will have the opportunity to lead our design activities.
The Digital Designer will be responsible for providing high quality design across all digital services. With the majority of our audience now on mobiles and tablets this will be the primary design environment but it will also include web, especially responsive sites, and potentially apps. You will be hands-on working closely with developers and also contribute to functional aspects of a range of projects.
You will have HTML and CSS skills of the highest order. You will have strong knowledge of the supporting technologies, such as browser testing and ideally including Less, and a range of development skills will be a bonus.
Tasks will include range of publishing oriented activities including design and management of email and newsletter communications, picture editing and graphic design. You will require a strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud or similar.
You will need to demonstrate a strong commercial focus. Your core objective will be to help The List build on its position as the leading guide to what's on for the UK and use the infrastructure that has been created to extend the business into new activities and areas.
User experience will be at the core of everything you do and you will bring a relentless focus on maximising value to our users, advertisers and sponsors. You will maintain a global outlook in terms of your thinking and ambition will be to make our products market leading in whatever category we choose to operate in.
- Deliver the design aspects involved in the inception, development and delivery of new List products and the maintenance and enhancement of existing services
- Provide strong advertising and sponsorship design services to List prospects and clients
- Support the broader sales and business development activities to help delivery of a range of commercial opportunities especially advertising
- Utilise information architecture and user focused methodologies in UX design decisions
- Optimise performance: commercially as well as technically
- Show good knowledge of search engine optimisation, analytics and tracking
- Establish quality control, accessibility and adherence to standards (current and emerging)
How to apply
Apply by completing the form at list.co.uk/design
Closing date is 2015-09-15
The List14 High Street
0131 550 3050
Contact: HR - email@example.com
Something not quite right? Spotted an error? Send us a tweet and we'll fix it straight away.